The following help determine your projects specifications for assembly and design quotes.
Assembly Quote Specs
Standard quote package should consist of the following:
- Desired RFQ quantity and lead time desired from 1-20 days.
- Bill of Materials with part number and revision
- IPC Class 1, 2, or 3
- PCB GBR data
- Placement data
- Fabrication drawings with material specifications and layer configuration. This should include copper weight, surface finish requirements, overall PCB thickness, solder mask color, silkscreen color and overall PCB dimensions.
- Impedance requirements documents, or stack-up for designs. We can generate these, but will add time to the quote cycle.
- Assembly Drawings for top and bottom sides if applicable.
- All non-populated components should be identified on BOM and assembly drawings.
- Leaded or Lead-Free assembly should be defined.
- Conformal coat or other post processing shall be defined on drawings or other specifications.
- Any additional information regarding the assembly.
Note: For partial-kitted assemblies, please specify what will be customer supplied:
- Any customer supplied PCB and its current state, whether PCB is in a panel or single up.
- Does PCB to be supplied match the current GBR panel layout?
- Any customer supplied components should be indicated on BOM
- Product requirements documents or specifications (company or IPC)?
- Is this a new board or a revision to an existing board?
- What ECAD tool and version release is required for this project?
- Is schematic completed in ECAD Schematic tool?
- In what ECAD tool is schematic captured?
- Will the schematic require any custom symbols be built?
- Will this be a supplied a Footprint/Schematic library or will TouchPad need to provide?
- Has a BOM been created in Excel format with part descriptions and MFG part numbers?
- Has a board size been established?
- Is there a drawing or .dxf file that will be provided for this project?
- Specify the following, if known:
– Board material
– Board thickness
– Number of layers
– Copper weight
– Surface finish
– Colors for solder mask and silkscreen
– DFT requirements (Design for testability)
- Are there specific electrical characteristics requirements? If so, are there customer supplied constraints for the design, i.e. controlled impedance, differential pairs, matched lengths/groups, etc?
- Have creepage and clearance requirements been defined?
- Is a block diagram of the sub-circuit placement, i.e. power supply, microprocessor, etc. available for review?
- Are keep-out areas, mounting holes, tooling holes and hardware requirements defined? If so, has a drawing or .dxf file showing where the areas are been provided?
- Are there height restrictions for parts on the board? If so, has a drawing or .dxf file showing these locations?
- If footprints need to be created, are there supplied datasheets for custom or required parts with enough information to build these components?
- Are there any required pcb markings, i.e. part numbers, rev levels, serial numbers, etc.? If so, have they been defined?